As most noticed yesterday, the 2013 ACC football schedule has officially been released, meaning we finally have some clarity as to whom the conference’s 14 teams will face-off with from week-to-week next season. So with that in mind, we thought it would be an entertaining undertaking to rank all 112 ACC football games for 2013 because, well… it’s the offseason.
So to start us off, we have numbers 112 through 101; the worst of the entire schedule. Upset to see your team appear in this section? Don’t be. Every team in the ACC scheduled at least one FCS school this season, so each one is bound to have at least one completely uncompetitive matchup.
#106: The Citadel Bulldogs at Clemson Tigers (Saturday, November 23)
#102: Elon Phoenix at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (Saturday, August 31)
Some additional notes on today’s list:
- All 12 opponents are visiting teams, and all 14 come from FCS conferences
- All 12 games appear on one of five different dates
- Breakdown of opponent conferences: MEAC (4), Southern (4), Big South (1), FCS Independent (1), Patriot (1), SWAC (1)
- Breakdown of opponent home states: North Carolina (3), South Carolina (3), Virginia (2), Alabama (1), Florida (1), Georgia (1), New York (1)
- Public vs. private universities: Eight public, four private