The 2013 ACC football schedule has officially been released, meaning we finally have some clarity as to whom the conference’s 14 teams will face-off with from week-to-week next season. So with that in mind, we thought it would be an entertaining undertaking to rank all 112 ACC football games for 2013 because, well… it’s the offseason.
Today, we take a quick glance at numbers 100 through 91; wrapping up FCS opponents, along with a smattering of terrible FBS teams. As part of the conference’s continuing PR battle, the volume of cupcake opponents actually goes a long way. In the past, teams have fallen victim to difficult slates devoid of “easy” matchups — something every school looked to avoid this year.
#95: New Mexico Lobos at Pittsburgh Panthers (Saturday, September 14)
#93: Old Dominion Monarchs at Maryland Terrapins (Saturday, September 7)
#92: Villanova Wildcats at Boston College Eagles (Saturday, August 31)
Some additional notes on today’s list:
- Old Dominion, which is in the process of upgrading to the FBS, appears on this list twice (and once yesterday as well); a result of playing as a FCS independent
- Of the 10 opponents (nine different teams), four are from the FCS and six are from the FBS
- The 10 games appear on eight different dates, including three on Saturday, September 7
- Breakdown of opponent conferences: Conference USA (3), CAA (2), FBS Independent (2), FCS Independent (2), Mountain West (1)
- Breakdown of opponent home states: Virginia (3), New Mexico (2), Florida (1), Idaho (1), Louisiana (1), Pennsylvania (1), Tennessee (1)
- Public vs. private universities: Seven public, three private