Prefer it or not, the About Me web page is certainly one of your weblog’s unsung heroes.
It gained’t present your viewers with compelling and helpful content material about your matter.
It offers them with one thing much more.
If created appropriately, your about web page shouldn’t solely depart a superb impression to individuals:
It’ll additionally flip fairweather guests into life-long subscribers of your weblog.
On this publish, I’ll allow you to write an attention-grabbing About Me web page in your weblog that may make you credible to readers and assist keep in mind you for a very long time.
Let’s dive in.
1. A Killer Headline
The headline is the very first thing individuals will learn out of your About Me web page.
And right here’s what you want your web page to do:
Trigger guests to cease on their monitor and provides your web page the complete consideration it deserves.
Consider your readers as fishes. Your headline ought to be akin to bait!
Upon getting them hook, line, and sinker, it’ll be a lot simpler to get them to transform.
That will help you provide you with the correct headline on your weblog, under are ideas should think about:
- Present character – That is the aim why guests are checking your web page. What makes you totally different from the remaining? Do you’ve gotten the angle and elegance that your readers can relate to?
- Know what you’re good at – Let your experience and information concerning the topic be the speaking level of your headline.
- Decide the issue you’re fixing – Discover probably the most vital ache level your viewers has and make it your mission to assist ease their ache.
An instance of an awesome headline is from CopyHackers:
Joanna Wiebe and firm are well-known for his or her model of efficient and high-converting copy. And there’s no shock why the About Me web page stands head and shoulders above the remaining.
The headline instantly addresses the difficulty of conversion fee amongst website house owners. They usually clear up the issue by delivering their model of copywriting they’ve developed via the years.
One other vital aspect of the headline is the way it confirmed character. The phrase “Sans Pixie Mud” is an ideal encapsulation of what copywriting is all about.
The outcomes don’t are available instantly – it takes time to generate leads and gross sales by way of efficient copy. And CopyHackers expressed this notion in probably the most CopyHackers means attainable.
Motion Step: Consider a strong headline that tackle your readers major drawback. Write 2-Three totally different variations of it and decide the most effective one.
2. Compelling Paragraph
Now that your headline drew the eye of tourists, now what?
You’ll be able to think about following it up with a brief paragraph that makes your readers clamor for extra.
At occasions, one other paragraph to comply with up your headline could also be pointless. Nevertheless, it helps add character to who you’re and provides guests a style of what’s to return in the event that they learn the entire web page.
Writing your follow-up paragraph follows the identical tenets of your headline. It wants to take care of the identical character and expounds extra on what’s talked about earlier.
That will help you get an concept of an incredible follow-up paragraph, right here’s a really quirky but compelling one by Jorden Makelle at Artistic Revolt:
You possibly can simply make the argument for the headline: “Hey I’m Jorden” being weak.
Nevertheless, the paragraph that follows is something however.
She makes enjoyable of her hero picture within the subheading, which units the tone of the About Me web page.
She’s not your traditional ultra-serious enterprise author. Jorden boasts a humorousness and candor that makes her relatable to most freelance writers.
It’s this type of headline that leaves an impression to guests and compels them to learn extra!
Motion Step: Write your beginning paragraph proper now. Assume do they need to obtain of their life after which persuade them that you’re the one that may also help them to realize that.
Three. Crystal-Clear Profile Picture
It is advisable to put your face throughout your About Me web page to humanize your weblog.
By displaying your precise image, it helps individuals affiliate your content material again to you.
Extra importantly, a photograph of your self converts virtually twice as higher in comparison with utilizing a special picture!
The picture you’ll be utilizing in your web page must be in excessive decision and professional no matter your area of interest.
For greatest outcomes, rent knowledgeable photographer that will help you provide you with ideas on how your image must be taken.
Nevertheless, hiring a photographer may cost greater than you possibly can afford in the intervening time.
Subsequently, it is sensible to take your photograph utilizing your smartphone. Simply ensure that it has at the least 10 megapixels to make sure the standard and determination of the image.
When taking your pictures, under are belongings you want to remember:
- Be your self – Don’t gown up or look totally different than the best way you at the moment are. Individuals gravitate towards authenticity. The extra genuine to your self you’re, the higher you’ll come off to readers.
- Let your photograph converse for itself – Don’t use textual content or overlays in your profile image. As one other saying goes, “maintain it easy, silly!”
- Smile! – In response to a research, smiling in your profile photograph helps improve conversion price by 10%.
An instance of a very good profile picture in your web page is Jeff Bullas’:
Identical to his skilled weblog, Jeff appears sharp in his image.
Additionally, he’s not sporting a go well with and tie simply to look the half. He’s in all probability sporting the sort of outfit he wears when going to conferences, which makes this image an ideal selection for his About Me web page.
Motion Step: Choose your pic that you’re going to use in your about web page. Don’t have any? Ask any person to click on one proper now.
Now that you simply’ve arrange parts in your About Me web page to draw individuals’s consideration, it’s time to introduce your self to them.
To reiterate the aim of your About Me web page:
You want to let individuals in your life and see the actual you.
Positive, the content material you write is a part of who you’re as knowledgeable. However that’s precisely it – they don’t present what your life is outdoors of labor.
Subsequently, use your About Me web page as a chance to reply this query:
Why do you do what you’re doing?
You may return to your life earlier than the one you’re dwelling now.
In truth, it’s important to point out vulnerability and put your guard down on your viewers.
Under are ideas that will help you provide you with your personal introduction in your About Me web page:
- Be candid – Don’t filter your self when scripting this part of your weblog. In any case, individuals need to know extra about you, which is why it’s referred to as the About Me web page.
- Share your lowest factors – Speak to them about your hardship and obstacles that you simply needed to endure and overcome to get the place you’re proper now. Doing so makes you relatable to your viewers.
- Finish on a excessive notice – You possibly can’t dwell an excessive amount of in your failures. Clarify to readers the way you have been capable of obtain success and provide you with the choice of establishing your website or weblog. This manner, you assist readers be ok with themselves.
An instance of a robust introduction part is from Spencer Haws of Area of interest Pursuits:
He begins by speaking about who he’s – an internet entrepreneur who builds and sells web sites for a dwelling, in addition to sells bodily merchandise on Amazon. Additionally, he’s the founding father of LongTailPro, a key phrase analysis software, till he bought it a few years in the past.
From this half, readers shall be awe-inspired by his accomplishments. Nevertheless, there’s additionally a danger of intimidating readers with these laurels.
Subsequently, Spencer proceeds to speak about his humble beginnings. He wasn’t good at constructing web sites when he began in 2005. He didn’t discover success as a distinct segment website creator till 2009. Earlier than that, he had no cash and was nonetheless studying search engine optimization.
If readers put the items of Spencer’s story collectively, they’ll understand how he was identical to everyone else. By means of perseverance, he was capable of finding the success he needed in life. The identical might be stated of his readers!
Motion Step: Prepared together with your pic? Nice. Now write your Introduction. Keep in mind, writing your introduction shouldn’t be that robust. All you need to do is write your actual story that your readers can relate to.
5. Social Proof
You’ll be able to provide you with the most effective introduction about your self and pull the heartstrings of your readers.
However telling an excellent story is totally different from displaying precise outcomes of your work.
No matter it’s that you simply declare your self an skilled to be, it gained’t matter should you don’t have any proof to again your claims!
This cause is why social proof is a mandatory element of your About Me web page.
Social proof is available in totally different shapes and types. However as beginner bloggers, there are two you’ll be able to simply function in your web page as early as now:
(i) As seen on/As featured in
Should you’ve written on main publications like Forbes, Entrepreneur, Social Media Examiner, and others, then it’s value mentioning them on the web page.
These websites don’t settle for simply any writers or bloggers to submit and publish content material. Subsequently, getting even an article to be featured on these websites is a feather in your cap that it’s essential to share to the world!
An instance of an excellent “As seen on” part may be discovered on Stuart Walker’s About Me web page on NicheHacks:
The screenshot doesn’t seize different publications comparable to:
- Neil Patel
- Matthew Woodward
- …and extra!
An elite firm of on-line publications!
Assuming that you simply haven’t written on comparable publications, you’ll be able to nonetheless point out blogs the place you’ve been revealed. Whereas they’re in all probability not as spectacular because the websites above, they nonetheless function social proof and add worth to the type of blogger you’re.
In the event you supply providers to shoppers, you need to ask your shoppers to share an excellent phrase or two about you. That is very true in case your shopper could be very in style and influential in your area of interest.
And even when you’ve labored with or constructed relationships with influential individuals in your business, it’s value mentioning the great issues they’ve stated about your weblog.
Going again to Stuart’s About Me web page, there’s a testimonial part that exhibits what running a blog luminaries take into consideration his weblog:
The half additionally exhibits glowing evaluations from Neil Patel, Glen Allsop (ViperChill), Zac Johnson, and others.
Motion Step: Make an inventory of Social Proofs you have already got. For those who don’t have any, make a plan of getting few as quickly as attainable.
6. Embrace A Name To Motion
When you’ve made a very good impression with readers together with your About Me web page, the very last thing so that you can do is to transform them.
Because you’ve warmed your self as much as readers on this web page, it is sensible to take your relationship to the subsequent degree by asking one thing in return from them.
There are totally different calls to motion that bloggers use. Under are a number of the commonest:
(i) Ask Them To Subscribe To Your Record
A part of what makes your weblog generate extra visitors is to construct an e mail record.
Take it from 86% of execs preferring to make use of e mail when speaking for enterprise functions.
Should you play your playing cards proper, e-mail advertising will play an important position within the progress of your weblog!
However earlier than you consider that, you should develop your e mail subscribers first.
And top-of-the-line methods to try this is to incorporate an opt-in type in your About Me web page.
Take a look at how Raelyn Tan featured an opt-in type on her about me web page:
The objective of her about me web page is to transform you as a subscriber and I consider she has achieved an excellent job right here.
Listed here are few further ideas to assist improve the conversion fee of your opt-in varieties.
- Use tried-and-tested instruments for creating types – Some type creators are higher than others. You might want to discover the most effective instruments to construct high-converting types so you possibly can generate extra e mail subscribers.
- Present your type in several methods – Virtually all web sites use opt-in varieties. Consequently, most guests have been numb to it identical to advert blindness. Make your types stand out by testing out alternative ways on how the varieties will seem on their display. Utilizing full-screen modals, slide-ins, and inline content material varieties are simply a number of the methods you might use.
- Measure the outcomes – To know how your varieties are performing, it’s essential to monitor how many individuals are signing up. Most opt-in type instruments have built-in analytics that allows you to see the impressions and conversion fee. Utilizing this knowledge, you can also make knowledgeable selections to enhance the sign-up fee to your types. (My fav. device is Thrive Leads.)
(ii) Create A Button
Some bloggers need individuals to click on on a button as their name to motion.
As soon as guests click on on the button, they’re led to a different web page, or a type pops up.
Buttons are rather more efficient than hyperlinks as a CTA as a result of they appeal to the eye of your guests.
The jury continues to be out on whether or not buttons convert greater than utilizing types. It will depend on the bloggers and their findings to justify their selection.
An instance of a blogger who opted for buttons as an alternative of a type is Jon Morrow of Sensible Blogger.
On his About Me web page, you can find a button on the backside of the web page:
In the event you click on on the button, it’ll load a type. You’ll obtain the weblog’s newest content material in the event you efficiently fill it out.
This can be a totally different method of accumulating emails in your About Me web page.
As an alternative of that includes the shape on the web page instantly, you cover it behind a button first.
Once more, your selection between a button or a type to gather emails will depend upon the efficiency of every. Some may reply higher to buttons if the types you initially used on the web page aren’t changing.
Under are methods you can take advantage of out of buttons because the CTA of your About Me web page:
- Actually name your guests into motion – Use motion phrases as the primary phrase of the button’s copy. However don’t use overdone phrases like “click on right here” or “go right here.” As an alternative, provide you with recent and artistic concepts. Within the case of Sensible Blogger, you may as well make readers comply with your earlier assertion to encourage them to click on the button.
- Mess around with the colours – A lot has been stated about how the button colours have an effect on the click-through fee. A research factors to purple producing probably the most clicks. Nevertheless, different variables play a task within the CTR of a button. Subsequently, selecting the colour doesn’t magically increase your button’s CTR in a single day. It’s greatest to play it by ear (or by sight, on this case). You can begin by testing purple first and blend it up after a interval to match and distinction which colours work greatest for you.
- Placement issues – The situation on the About Me web page the place you place your button is essential to the clicks it can get. In response to Fitts’s Regulation, you could put the button within the direct path the place the eye of tourists is. The location must comply with an area stream of thought to get extra individuals to click on on it. In case your aim is to get individuals to click on on the button and open the shape, you might want to place the button earlier than a paragraph mentioning that they will signal as much as your listing by clicking on the button under.
Wrapping it up
Simply to reiterate, your About Me web page ought to be all about you.
We’re not simply speaking about you as a blogger, but in addition your life outdoors it.
Sharing to individuals your private life provides form to the sort of blogger you’re.
And in the event that they like what they learn, they’ll be your followers and subscribers for so long as you need them round.
Nevertheless, all these gained’t occur until you comply with the ideas above.
Creating the perfect About Me web page, finally, is about following a confirmed components.
By establishing the weather talked about above, you will get probably the most out of your web page and switch it into an important, high-converting a part of your weblog!
When you appreciated this 6-step formulation to write down a compelling about me web page, then kindly share this text on Fb.
In the event you loved studying this text, kindly give it a share. Your share is extraordinarily useful to unfold our message and assist extra bloggers such as you.